Bott-Knutson named dean of Fishback Honors College

Back to Article
Back to Article

Garrett Ammesmaki

Following a nation-wide search, Rebecca Bott-Knutson has been named dean of the Van D. and Barbara B. Fishback Honors College.

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Bott-Knutson has been interim dean for the college since July 2016, overseeing more than 800 students. She started the “What’s Next?” program, which helps prepare students for life after graduation.

Rebecca Bott-Knutson, Ph.D.

“Helping students reach their greatest potential, become the leaders of tomorrow and impact society is a driving force of higher education and a key part of the mission of South Dakota State University and of the Fishback Honors College,” she said.

Bott-Knutson began working at SDSU in 2009 as an associate professor. She has worked in teaching, research and Extension within the animal science department. Her efforts during the past year as interim dean have resulted in the largest graduating class from Honors College.

“Rebecca embraced the role of dean on an interim basis and continued that momentum, while also separating herself during a very competitive interview process,” said Dennis Hedge, provost and vice president of academic affairs.